From: Szuchuan Chang [mailto:szuchuan(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 14:48
To: SEAOC; ICC
Cc: Doug Thompson
Subject: en values in CBC Table 2305.2.2(1)

Find a mistake in CBC Table 2305.2.2(1) on CBC page 310.  The same
mistake is also in the 2006 IBC.

Under the column of 10d the values jumped form 0.02, 0.02, 0.03, 0.47,
0.06, 0.07.

Is that 0.47 or 0.047 or 0.05?

//===

Also in the Seismic Design Manual Vol. 2, page 118, the Table 2-5 has
problem with the "en" with the CBC table above.

The numbers are too small if the Table 2305.2.2(1) is correct.

Table 2303.2.2(2) provides the value for "Gt" together as one. Use
that directly may be easier over individually.

Thanks

Szuchuan