CBC Code Question on Engineer or Architect of Record

Hi everyone;
	There was language in the 2001 CBC in Section 106.3.4.1 requiring
one Architect or Engineer of Record be designated for each project.  I can't
seem to find that in the new 2007 CBC.  Does anyone know if this requirement
still exists and, if it does where to find it?

Terry Weatherby
Weatherby-Reynolds-Fritson
Jackson, CA