page 147 bottom side

the Cmin should be 12"  not 1.75"

the result should be 0.86 not 0.72

thus the page 148:

the Ncb = 62,535  not 52,350 lb

phi*Ncb = 46,902 not 39,250 lb

// ==

Here is my question

Section D.3.3.3 said that on high seismic area the values shall be
take a 25% hit.

The Ss =1.78g, S1 = 0.55g, Seismic Design Category D

Does this qualify as "high seismic area"?

This manual is a very good reference for me.  I really appreciate the
efforts put in for us.  Much easier to follow than some of the other
reference material I have.

Thanks

Szuchuan