Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[Fwd: Judge says Corps of Engineers is responsible for the New Orleans flooding!][Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: [Fwd: Judge says Corps of Engineers is responsible for the New Orleans flooding!]
- From: Abolhassan Astaneh-Asl <astaneh(--nospam--at)ce.berkeley.edu>
- Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:42:55 -0800
--- Begin Message ---
Title: E-mail Template - Levees.Org
- To: astaneh(--nospam--at)ce.berkeley.edu
- Subject: Judge says Corps of Engineers is responsible for the New Orleans flooding!
- From: "Levees.Org" <levees(--nospam--at)levees.org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:26:37 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: astaneh(--nospam--at)ce.berkeley.edu
- Envelope-from: <bounces(--nospam--at)bounces.democracyinaction.com>
- X_email_key: 143799723
February 20, 2008
A federal judge has determined that the US Army Corps of Engineers "squandered millions of dollars in building a levee system ... which was known to be inadequate by the Corps' own calculations."
But an 80-year old law tied Federal District Judge Stanwood Duval's hands and compelled him to release the Corps of Engineers from all financial liability for their shoddy workmanship. Says Duval, the law created an environment where "gross incompetence receives the same treatment as a simple mistake."
This is insane.
Click this link and demand the 8/29 Investigation Act today!
Judge Duval in the final page of his statement says "â?¦It is not within this Court's power to address the wrongs committed. It is hopefully within the citizens of the United States' power to address the failures of our laws and agencies. If not, it is certain that another tragedy such as this will occur againâ?¦"
The 8/29 Investigation Act is the way for the citizens to exercise their power!
Demand the 8/29 Investigation Act!
Demand an unbiased thorough analysis of the flood protection failures that nearly obliterated a great American city and its suburbs.
Even if you have already sent a letter, send another! It takes one minute!
Levees.Org is your source for information about levees and flood protection in New Orleans and nationwide.If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, please use the following link to change your subscription settings: levees.org/remove
--- End Message ---
- Prev by Subject: Re: RE: ASCE 7-05 Cantilevered Columns
- Next by Subject: RE: [SPAM] Re: Source for long drill bits in S.F. Bay Area ?
- Previous by thread: Re: ASCE 7-??
- Next by thread: Re: Earthquake (experiencing)