From: Acharya, Suresh [mailto:Suresh.Acharya(--nospam--at)ci.concord.ca.us]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:37 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: Earthquake (experiencing)

Ralph,

Here is why Loma Prieta experience was a "bad" experience for typical homeowners: *Every* homeowner around this part of the SF Bay says his or her house stood Loma Prieta earthquake of 6.9 magnitude, and not a single crack occured, but the Bay Bridge failed!

I believe, the shaking was not even 10%g in most part, and only the areas suffered around here was the baymud areas.

-Suresh Acharya, S.E.