re: Frozen Masonry

They built the wall, tenting was blown off overnight, very cold, special inspector said the walls were frozen.  I have not been to the job yet, but per the inspector, the mortar is discolored, flaking, and there a gaps between the CMU and head joint mortar.

Jason

From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 1:14 PM
To: Jason Christensen; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Frozen Masonry

In a message dated 2/22/08 12:10:04 PM, jason(--nospam--at)wcaeng.com writes:

Can anyone direct me to a good reference on repairs for frozen CMU.
Jason

Can you give us a little more information?  I assume it wasn't frozen after completion, but was frozen either soon after being laid (frozen mortar) or soon after grouting (frozen, uh, grout).

TIA,

Ralph

(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)