Re: Availability of 3.5", 5.5" Wide DF/HF Structural Glued Laminated Timber

I just checked with Mr. Keith Roylande from standard Strctures Inc.
707-584-3070.

There is some complications about this matter.

They have these High Strength Composite (HSS) 30F Glulams that are
3.5", 5.25", and 7.00" wide - still 1.5" lamination.  Not 24F. It is
approved by ICC-ESR-5579.  Order to deliver time about 2 to 3 weeks.
 5.5" would be nice.  5.25" is only 1/8" thicker than 5.125.  However,
if you specify it this way, they are the only supplier.

Here is the web site.
http://www.standardstructures.com/documents/05Glulam.pdf

Let us know what other discoveries you have.

Szuchuan