Re: Base Plate design

Andy,

You may wish to read this paper in Engineering Journal '99:
http://www.ce.berkeley.edu/~boza/courses/cee248/literature/AISC_EJ_Drake-Elkin.pdf
The case D described in the paper deals with both uplift force and moment.

As far as I understand, the problem is not with principal scheme of
the joint but with defining loads on anchor bolts/foundation. I think
you could do an analysis with only the moment applied, and then
distribute the axial tension among the bolts.

Regards,
--
Alexander Bausk
CAD manager, Structural engineer at