Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
avoiding expansion joints[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: avoiding expansion joints
- From: "j.n.sigalas" <sigalasi(--nospam--at)central.ntua.gr>
- Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:09:29 +0200
In the design of a long capping beam (bearing also a crane rail) we are investigating
the pros and cons of avoiding expansion joints at short distances(e.g 100 feet).
I would appreciate any guidance on code requirements for extra measures or analyses.
Sharing experience from similar cases would also be appreciated.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Availability of 3.5", 5.5" Wide DF/HF Structural Glued Laminated Timber
- Next by Subject: AW: Splicing of steel beam.
- Previous by thread: Re: Simplified Seismic Fa
- Next by thread: butchering steel stud webs - guideline?