From: Terry Weatherby [mailto:terry(--nospam--at)wrfed.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:49 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Simplified Seismic Fa

Hi Scott Martin;
	Yes.  "Fa" comes from Table 11.4-1 or just conservatively use 1.0 for rocky sites or 1.4 for soil.  Rocky is defined as with bedrock less than 10 feet deep.  They also say it does not need to be larger than 1.5.
	Good luck!  Take care,

Terry Weatherby
Weatherby-Reynolds-Fritson
Engineering and Design