Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Simplified Seismic Fa[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Simplified Seismic Fa
- From: ASLCSE(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:22:11 EST
In a message dated 2/28/2008 9:02:34 AM Pacific Standard Time, terry(--nospam--at)wrfed.com writes:
Hi Scott Martin;
Here are my 2cents worth:
Most Building Departments will NOT let you use a rocky site and make you use Seismic Design Category "D" unless substantiated by a soils report, even if USGS gives you a SDC of "B". I think the reason for this is that the surface to rock distance has to be verified.
Antonio S. Luisoni
Granada Hills, CA
Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Simplified Seismic Fa
- Next by Subject: Simpson Titen HD not approved for use in concrete
- Previous by thread: RE: Simplified Seismic Fa
- Next by thread: avoiding expansion joints