RE: Pipe Rack Retrofit

Tiffany,
Pipe racks are nonbuilding structures.  Regardless, they need to be designed with the same LC's as buildings.
1.  Overturning is specifically addressed in the building code in 18 different locations and requires consideration. (Searchable electronic version)
2.  I would use the LC's of the building code.
3.  It depends on the existing condition.  You can add stiffeners that encompass new anchor bolts (use the under cut post installed anchors).  Add concrete and dowel into the existing foundation or drill through and install micro piles.  Get a cost and design for the least cost option that is constructable.

Regards,
Harold Sprague