Re: Strawbale Methods

I didn't catch what state the project is in, but California adopted its own
code for straw-bale construction that provides for load-bearing walls.
NOTE:  The code may have been superseded;  you can find it here:
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate?WAISdocID=26395320983+2+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve

If that doesn't work, go to http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/calaw.html, click the
"Health and Safety" checkbox, then enter 18944.30-18944.33 .  That section
and 18944.40-18944.41  will get you started.  I have no idea if these are
still current--supposedly the Building Standards Commission was supposed to
come up with something to go in the CBC.   Won't  THAT  be wonderful.

Thor Matteson
www.shearwalls.com