Re: Concrete exposed to seawater

I recommend using twice normal  cover. A pier in South Laguna had to be torn down only 20 years after it was built due to corrosion of rebars. Also use high cement content, such as 7 sack/cu. yd. min.
Also use epoxy coated rebar. I have had a lot of experience with the Santa Monica Pier.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA
Click for free info on business schools, $150K/ year potential.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iieXEFZFgGv2TD8felzgZGu193OqkeJVxqRTp2HsrmVq7EfgX/