Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
masonry ancher bolt embedment[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: masonry ancher bolt embedment
- From: "Joseph R. Grill" <jrgrill(--nospam--at)cableone.net>
- Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 12:02:45 -0700
I am looking at the strength design provisions for anchor bolts in masonry. In ACI530-05 in the shear provisions the value of Apv depends on lbe which is the anchor bolt edge distance in the direction of load. If the shear load direction is parallel to the wall what is lbe? I think it is the anchor bolt embedment. Does anybody agree or disagree? Does the edge distance parallel to the load direction have an effect (code wise)? It does require a minimum distance from the face shell.
- Prev by Subject: RE: MAC-CORE Type-1 Deck
- Next by Subject: Masonry ASD Method Question
- Previous by thread: RE: Concrete exposed to seawater
- Next by thread: Overhead Electrical Service Feeder Support