Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Overhead Electrical Service Feeder Support

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
ASCE Substation Structure Design Guide by Leon Kempner.  Also IEEE 605 & 693 come to mind. 

The cable you describe is probably called a messenger cable in the substation lingo. 

Harold Sprague

From: mblangy(--nospam--at)
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Overhead Electrical Service Feeder Support
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 08:44:22 -0800

Greetings Listers,
Can anyone point to a reference on the subject? I believe they are called masts. Mine would be about 2o feet tall supporting a 300 amp cap. feeder I believe there is a steel cable in there too.
Michel Blangy, P.E.

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your "fix". Check it out.