Testing In-Place Anchor Bolts

I'm working on a project where the anchor bolts may have been subject to
an overload of tension.  We are considering using ultrasonic testing to
determine if the bolts are damaged.  I read a thread on this from back in
December of 2002.  The topic was discussed for possibly testing anchor
bolts but I couldn't find any discussion on how successful the test
results were.

Is this a good non-destructive method of testing anchor bolt intetgrity,
or is there a better test method?

Thanks.

Rich