Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 4:39 PM
Subject: RE: Seismic Design Manual Examples

Go to the Simpson website [www.strongtie.org], click on RESOURCES; at OTHER TECHNICAL RESOURCES, click on SOFTWARE.  For ANCHOR DESIGNER, at ANCHOR SYSTEMS, click on DOWNLOAD THIS SOFTWARE.

Nels Roselund, SE

From: Michel Blangy [mailto:mblangy(--nospam--at)satco-inc.com]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 3:48 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

I believe you are referring to ESR-1917 for Hilti and ESR-1771 for Simpson. That's about all I can find.

Thanks for the help,

Michel Blangy, P.E.

Michel,

I don't know about all of the Seismic Design Manuals, but Simpson and Hilti (and probably others) have ICBO ER documents which can be found on the web.  There are example calcs. in some of them.  There is also the software from these two suppliers which produces fairly well-documented results (e.i it shows the calculations).  Not only that, you don't have to go looking for the errata like you do with the SDMs.

HTH
MJ