Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
"Structuring"[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: "Structuring"
- From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:45:31 EDT
Standby, folks. The next time someone asks you what you do, be sure to say "structural engineering" and *not* "structuring." Why? See the following quote from abc News:
"[New York governor] Spitzer, who made his name by bringing high-profile cases against many of New York's financial giants, is likely to be prosecuted under a relatively obscure statute called "structuring," according to a Justice Department official.
"Structuring involves creating a series of financial movements designed to obscure the true purpose of the payments."
Thought you'd want to know. :)
It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money & Finance.
- Prev by Subject: [no subject]
- Next by Subject: "Those who can't do..."
- Previous by thread: RE: ASD - Seismic - Consulting Fee Structure
- Next by thread: harold on retainer