From: ASLCSE(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:ASLCSE(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 3:07 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Enforcement Question

In a message dated 3/7/2008 11:17:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com writes:

	I bet you'd get some atention if you sent the building official a
	written memorandum of the situation and conspicuously copied your
	lawyer and the state department that looks after such things. Nothing

	turns heads like a visible audit trail.

I am not sure which City you are talking about.
If it is in Pasadena, and your are friends with Building Official (Sarkis
Nazerian) or City Inspector Scott Klar...you can get almost anything
"inpsected" and "approved", even if it is built without a permit.. They even
lie for you.
Then again, what can you expect from a Bulding Department like Pasadena,
which has only one licensed Civil Engineer (in the Grading department). Not a
single person (Civil or Structural) in Plan Check, Code Enforcement, etc. is
licensed, not even the Building Official.

Antonio S. Luisoni
Consulting Structural Engineer

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money & Finance.
<http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001>