Re: QUERY: Structural Clamps for Concrete Piles?

What you're looking for is a friction collar.  Search that phrase and you'll find many options...

Brian Harris, P.E.

On 3/11/08, Bill Polhemus <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc> wrote:
We're looking at retrofitting some steel framing BENEATH a Ro-Ro wharf,
in the space between the high water line and the underside of the deck.
This might be done by attaching clamps to the 18" Square prestressed
concrete piles.

Instead of reinventing the wheel, I was wondering if anyone knows of any
sort of "preengineered" gadget of that sort. I've had a tough time
coming with anything using Google; usually I get results showing how to
clamp a pile in order to pull it, or such as that.

Thanks in advance for any pointers

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org