Re: Rigid diaph. analysis with diagonal walls

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Joseph R. Grill <jrgrill(--nospam--at)cableone.net> wrote:

> Some time ago, it seems someone ask about a rigid diaphragm shear
> distribution to a wall system where some of the walls are diagonal to the
> orthogonal axes.  I have looked through all my references and, of course,
> all the examples are pretty simple wall layouts, all at 90 degrees to each
> other.  How do any of you take care of this situation?  Are there any
> spreadsheets out there that will do this, or does anyone out there have an
> example from a reference that they could fax (or email) to me?  Enercalc has
> a module to do this, but their new version does not contain the help module
> yet, so I can't get any background on it to see if I am inputting all the
> data correctly.

David's Merrick's spreadsheet has/had provisions for skewed and
orthgonal shear walls with a rigid diaphragm.  Not sure where to get
the spreadsheet at this time...

Several posts by Mr. Merrick on skewed walls...

http://www.seaintarchive.org/group/seaint/mailarchive/2001a/msg00636.html
http://www.euken.net/group/seaoc/mailarchive/2007b/msg00200.html
http://www.euken.net/group/seaoc/mailarchive/2006d/msg00661.html

M.