From: Richard L. Hess [mailto:RLHess(--nospam--at)HessEng.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 1:57 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Rigid diaph. analysis with diagonal walls

Joe,
Why don't you just resolve each diagonal wall into equivalent X and Y length
walls and solve for the resulting component forces which can then be
resolved back to the original wall.  If it is a rigid diaphragm and the
resulting forces depend on the relative stiffness of each element, I think
this should give a reasonable answer.
Richard Hess