Structural Concrete subject to sub zero temp. conditions

Dear All,

We are facing a situation, where the top 3 to 4 inch depth of top surface of a concrete foundation for pump is covered with ice formation.
Original design had never anticipated this situation, hence normal M35 grade concrete is used for this foundation.  Surface temp of the concrete fdn found to be above -20 Degree C,

Any input or reference to to handle this situation would be great help for me.

Best Regards
Lakshmana RK Nukala