Re: Alternate Wind Provision

Is there a provision which prevents this? Providing you can prove that you have verified where the maximum windforce is, I would say that rational analysis suggests designing the entire structure for the higher force is conservative and therefor acceptable. Have we legislated out rational analysis yet?

Jordan

sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com wrote:
Thanks for sendng this update. It is difficult for some of us in earthquake country to understand why this has been made so difficult.

If say the largest wind force comes out to be about 15psf, with much less force in the other 20 or so locations, why we can't just design the entire building for say 20psf.

Stan Scholl, P.E.