Re: Alternate Wind Provision

Stan, becuse it's TOO sensible and logical.

Jordan, damn near!

Ralph

In a message dated 3/12/08 12:40:26 PM, seaint2(--nospam--at)truesdellengineering.com writes:
Is there a provision which prevents this? Providing you can prove that
you have verified where the maximum windforce is, I would say that
rational analysis suggests designing the entire structure for the higher
force is conservative and therefor acceptable. Have we legislated out
rational analysis yet?

Jordan

sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com wrote:
> Thanks for sendng this update. It is difficult for some of us in earthquake country to understand why this has been made so difficult.
>
> If say the largest wind force comes out to be about 15psf, with much less force in the other 20 or so locations, why we can't just design the entire building for say 20psf.
>
> Stan Scholl, P.E.

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money & Finance.
(http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)