AISC 341-05 section 8.5 exception, 2006 IBC 1908.1.16

AISC 341-05 8.5 exception column bases reads  "The special requirements in
ACI 318, Appendix D, for regions of moderate or high seismic risk, or for
structures assigned to intermediate or high seismic performance or design
categories" need not be applied."

If I was on the ACI 318 code committee I would probably write "the provisions
of AISC 341 do not need to be applied" but that is besides the point.

Does this mean that for anchoring steel buildings per AISC 341-05 the
provision that anchor failure in high seismic areas does not need to be
controlled by ductile yielding of the steel as required by ACI 318? Can you
do this in IBC land?  2006 IBC IBC 2205.2.2 does not amend AISC 341 part 1.

  2006 IBC 1908.1.16 modifies ACI 318-05 says in design category D you can
design anchors for 2.5 times the factored forces delivered to them and not
have to meet the requirement for the steel to fail in ductile yielding prior
to failure of the concrete.  I guess this only applies to concrete and wood
buildings?