Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Masonry ASD Method Question[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Masonry ASD Method Question
- From: "Salbador Dorado" <sdorado(--nospam--at)tbengineeringinc.com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 08:14:42 -0700
Is there an allowable 1/3 stress increase when designing Masonry Shear Walls using the ASD Method? If so could you please point me to the section of the ACI530/ASCE 5/TMS 602 or the 2007 CBC where I can find it. I know that there is a 1/3 stress increase allowed mentioned in section 22.214.171.124 of ACI 530/ASCE 5/ TMS 602 when considering load combination c, d, or e (which contain wind or earthquake loads) of section 126.96.36.199 of the ACI 530/ASCE 5/TMS 602. However, section 2107A.2 of the CBC requires that section 188.8.131.52 be deleted from the ACI 530/ASCE 5/TMS 602. Does the deletion of section 184.108.40.206 mean that the 1/3 allowable stress increase no longer applies? Or does it mean that the 1/3 increase is still permitted where the ASD Load Combination includes wind or earthquake loading. Please provide me with some information on this matter. Thank You.
T & B Engineering, Inc.
4344 Latham St., Suite 100
Riverside, CA 92501-1773
P: (951) 684-6200
F: (951) 684-6226
- Prev by Subject: masonry ancher bolt embedment
- Next by Subject: Masonry Question
- Previous by thread: AISC 341-05 section 8.5 exception, 2006 IBC 1908.1.16
- Next by thread: Wood LEED