Re: Wood LEED

FSC-certified wood is increasingly available. There are many FSC-certified forests in the US. FSC-US can help you find a source if you are having difficulty:

http://www.fscus.org/faqs/fsc_products.php?link=3

I would be interested in hearing from engineers who have successfully found and used FSC-certified structural lumber, sheathing, and/or engineered wood products in their projects.

Other wood certification systems (SFI, CSA, etc.) are not presently rewarded under the LEED rating system.

--Mark

Mark D. Webster
LEED Accredited Professional

Simpson Gumpertz & Heger