re: ASD- masonry question

Salvador,
I don't have the CBC, but I think you are interpreting it correctly. If using the traditional ASD/WSD combinations, most codes (Florida too, which is IBC based) now exclude the 1.33 material stress increase. Simpson had to redo a lot of their connection calculations based on these changes.

However, for the Florida BC if you use the "Alternative basic load combinations", you may use the stress increase.

For us in wind and zero seismic country, the big difference is that you cannot use 0.6D+W and the 1.33 stress increase, you must use D+W or D+W+L and then you take the stress increase.

HTH
Andrew

Andrew Kester, P.E.
Principal/Project Manager