From: Jerry Coombs <JCoombs(--nospam--at)carollo.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 8:14:45 AM
Subject: Re: Structural Concrete subject to sub zero temp. conditions

When was it frozen?  Did the uncured fndn freeze and at what point?   How big (all directions) is the footing?  How critical is said footing?  You can't place fresh concrete on a surface below freezing temp.  Has to be thawed, warmed and thermally protected afterward.

>>> On 3/16/2008 at 1:24 PM, "Lakshmana Nukala" <lakshmana.nukala(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:
Dear All,

We are facing a situation, where the top 3 to 4 inch depth of top surface of a concrete foundation for pump is covered with ice formation.
Original design had never anticipated this situation, hence normal M35 grade concrete is used for this foundation.  Surface temp of the concrete fdn found to be above -20 Degree C,

Any input or reference to to handle this situation would be great help for me.

Best Regards
Lakshmana RK Nukala