From: KRALIK Georg -NUCLEAR [mailto:georg.kralik(--nospam--at)opg.com]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 6:36 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Danish Wind Turbine disintegrating - Feb.27,2008

I am looking for the Feb.27,2008 video of the Danish Wind Turbine
disintegrating.  It doesn't appear to be on YouTube, although there are lots
of messages relating to the failure (at least, I can't see the video).  It
was also suppose to be on
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/27/disintegrating_turbine/, but all I
get is a big empty space where the video would have been.  Does anyone know
of a "working" link where the video could be downloaded (as an MPG for
example), for presentation at an engineering seminar?

Extract from "The Register":   "The suicidal turbine was located at
Hornslet near Aarhus. According to the Telegraph, the 60m-high structure was
ten years old and manufactured by Vestas. Engineers who attended the scene
were unable to prevent the break-up, and wisely retired to a safe distance.
Its death was one of two in the space of a week, and Denmark's climate
minister has called for a probe into the failures."

Thanks . . .

GEORG A. M. KRALIK, P.Eng.,  M.Eng. -  Structural,  B.A.Sc. - Civil Senior
Design Engineer - Civil/Structural
*e-mail:  georg.kralik(--nospam--at)opg.com <mailto:georg.kralik(--nospam--at)opg.com >

THIS MESSAGE IS ONLY INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT(S) AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY
AND/OR CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution,
copying, conversion to hard copy or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received
this message in error, please notify me by return e-mail and delete this
message from your system. Ontario Power Generation Inc.