From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 11:56 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Overcoming Friction

I need to tell our estimating guys what size winch to use for a large
structural frame that will be on hard-rubber tires, and is going to be
pulled along by winch. We're talking about, say, eight "large" rubber
tires and the winch has to be able to overcome inertia plus friction to
tug the thing along.

Any pointers?