RE: Pipe Wall Strength

I don't know what size of pipe members is of concern (probably much smaller) but if they are large, such as 20"-40" diameter, there is an ASCE Structural Journal discussion in the December 1960 publication, which I wrote, about the design of oil drilling tower structural joints. It describes use of circular stiffeners which allow a free interior for pile driving, using column analogy.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA
Click for free info on business schools, $150K/ year potential.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iieXEFiw9XYPIyO9NNUzfU11OCUDbg6KrVGvaz99fsEpOEPxp/