Re: Hand-held Calculator Recommended

AMEN!

I love my HP48G.  The RPN is so nice for structural calculations,
especially in wood.  When I was doing the Fc' calculations by hand,
many years ago, it was nice to have the functionality of the RPN.

I recently got another on Ebay for about the same as I paid
for mine.

The HP42s has a two stack places visible on the screen and that's
nicer than the 32s, IMO.  It's still not better than the 4 stack places
given in the 48G.

I've found over the years, that there are generally two types of mind-
sets for using non-RPN calculators.  Either folks think in  the mindset
of the Casio/Sharp or they think in the mindset of the Texas Instruments.

So, which are you?  If you think one way, then there will be a bit of
a learning curve to use the other type.  Once you go RPN, though,
you probably won't go back.

I understand that the bigger TIs can use RPN, too.  (Like the TI-89)

Good Luck.  There's always the K&E N4081-3  Log Log Duplex Decitrig. :-)

Take Care,
Lloyd