Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
1 Story Rod Braces in CBC2007[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: 1 Story Rod Braces in CBC2007
- From: "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:33:29 -0700
Anyone know if these are not allowed in SDC D and E?
From what I can see, OBF are allowed up to 35 ft and 60 ft if the roof is light enough for 1 story structures.
The AISC 341 and ASCE 7-05 refer to "Cable" bracing a few times. We need Steel Rods (architect is requiring this, I know it sucks structurally) and I also notice there is a Fy max of 55ksi for this system in AISC 341...we're hoping to use higher grade rods...
The only "tension only" reference I see is in the shaded box in section 14.1 of AISC 341. We're using X config, so I think we're still okay...
Any insights appreciated.
- Prev by Subject: Re: 06 IBC Wind and Seismic Seminar
- Next by Subject: 1979 SBC
- Previous by thread: Re: 1979 SBC [AKA Mickey]
- Next by thread: Slab-on-Grade with Rack Loading