Re: Hand-held Calculator Recommended

My HP 48gx is my main calculator (though I have a ConstructionMaster IV as well), and I'm not sure what I'd do if I lost my RC beam equation I programmed in. I don't think I've done one by hand since I put it in when I got my MS nearly 10 years ago. I don't know how people function without a stack, but it looks like the nicer TIs have very good algebraic handling, based on what I've seen my EIT doing on his TI-89.

I'll have to take a look at the 50g for the day that my 48 gives up. Hearing tales about broken screens, I got an aluminum sheet from the machine shop many years ago and cut it to fit in the front pocket of the HP48 case. I always put the calculator in with the screen towards the aluminum, which I'm certain one of the few reasons it has lasted as long as it has.

Jordan