Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Slab-on-Grade with Rack Loading[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Slab-on-Grade with Rack Loading
- From: "Wesley Werner" <wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:20:40 -0400
- Disposition-notification-to: "Wesley Werner" <wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com>
I am trying to do a quick estimation of the necessary slab thickness for a slab supporting heavily loaded racks. The rack legs are on 3'-0"x 8'-0" centers. There will be racks back-to-back with only a 1'-0" space between the racks. Each leg load is 25,000 lb. If I use the PCA charts, should I use 50,000 lbs for my leg load or 25,000 lbs? I am inclined to think 50,000 lbs, but I want to make sure.
Wesley C. Werner
- Prev by Subject: RE: Slab On Grade STAAD Model
- Next by Subject: Slab-on-Grade with Rack Loading
- Previous by thread: 1 Story Rod Braces in CBC2007
- Next by thread: Slab-on-Grade with Rack Loading