Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: stainless steel pipe[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: stainless steel pipe
- From: "Gunnar H. Isleifsson" <ghi(--nospam--at)pc.dk>
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 04:48:05 +0100
Maybe you'll find what you need at this link:
Gunnar Hafsteinn Isleifsson
From: Andrew Kester, P.E. [mailto:akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com]
Sent: 19 March 2008 00:46
Subject: stainless steel pipe
It has been a while since I worked with stainless steel. I have an application where it will be used for handrails and posts (bending stress), and welded to regular steel, an HSS section.
It is type SS304, and I have gone online and found some tables with geometric properties and allowable stress values. It was from Letco Industries, and I would like to cross check. Any links or standards you all can point me to online? Or feel free to email me PDFs of tables if you have them handy.
Can I use general steel theory or are there other things I need to know? What about welding? Ex for deflection checks?
Andrew Kester, P.E.
ADK Structural Engineering, PLLC
1510 E. Colonial Ave., Suite 301
Orlando, FL 32803
- Prev by Subject: stainless steel pipe
- Next by Subject: Stainless Steel Washers...
- Previous by thread: stainless steel pipe
- Next by thread: 3 Hour Fire Rated Ceiling Assembly