RE: Stainless Steel - answering my own question

Title: Message

Scott,

The 2006 IBC references SEI/ASCE 8-02.

The I-Codes are pretty good about updating standards. I believe every cycle ICC staff polls the various organizations listed in the referenced standards sections of the various codes, finds out which ones have been updated and republished, and generates one comprehensive code proposal with all the updates.

That just leaves new unreferenced standards or older referenced standards that are in the middle of their revision cycles. Those are the ones that wind up being considered separately (assuming someone remembers to bring them forward).

Gary

Gary J. Ehrlich, PE
1201 15th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005
ph: 202-266-8545  or 800-368-5242 x8545