Re: Hand-held Calculator Recommended

Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc. wrote:

Christopher Wright wrote:
but I heard once that HP was out of the calculator business.
HP stills make scientific calculators. They recently came out with the HP35s which is an updated version of the HP35 that came out in the early 70's. They originally cost $400, I got mine in 1975 for $300 (I thought I got a great deal). I still have the HP35, I had to get a new battery pack after too many recharges. At work I have a HP48G. When there was a yet another rumor a few years ago that HP was getting out of the calculator business, I bought 2 more 48Gs from Ebay. I don't like the button locations for the new HPs. The funny thing is that the HP35 is more than enough of a calculator for me (add, subtract, multiple, cosine, etc.). If the calculations get complicated, I use a spreadsheet instead of programming the calculator.