From: Andrew Kester, P.E. [mailto:akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 8:05 PM
To: seaint
Subject: Stainless Steel - answering my own question

I still would like any heads ups and tables you may have, but I have found maybe too much info here:
Stainless Steel Info Center
http://www.ssina.com/index2.html

And what I understand is that SS is not governed by any codes in the US but it is in many other countries, and you should not use AISC but basic structural materials mechanics would be used.

From a web board, not from me, "One of the main differences is that carbon steel has a constant modulus of elasticity, while stainless has a varying modulus of elasticity based on the stresses in the steel"

Thanks,
Andrew

Test your Star IQ Play now!