review of another SE's design...

Please email any comments or suggestions directly to me, as this is a weekend job...

I have been asked to review, from what I know, a respected long-time engineer in this area's job. It is a pretty big project, with some steel framing issues. The GC has hired us to investigate the steel that has been erected on-site (done), run some calcs on their steel sizes, and come up with some professional opinions in a report for a Monday afternoon as to what we think has occurred and how to fix it. They said they quote, "We do not care who is right or wrong, we have two parties pointing fingers, and we want your unbiased opinion.,"

It is a precarious position but at least I do not feel hamstrung. I want to be delicate, professional, and not hang another engineer out to dry.

I guess I am asking for opinions, ideas, experiences of who has been through this before...

Andrew Kester, P.E.
Principal/Project Manager
ADK Structural Engineering, PLLC
1510 E. Colonial Ave., Suite 301