Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
review of another SE's design...[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: review of another SE's design...
- From: "Andrew Kester, P.E." <akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:26:13 -0400
Please email any comments or suggestions directly to me, as this is a weekend job...
I have been asked to review, from what I know, a respected long-time engineer in this area's job. It is a pretty big project, with some steel framing issues. The GC has hired us to investigate the steel that has been erected on-site (done), run some calcs on their steel sizes, and come up with some professional opinions in a report for a Monday afternoon as to what we think has occurred and how to fix it. They said they quote, "We do not care who is right or wrong, we have two parties pointing fingers, and we want your unbiased opinion.,"
It is a precarious position but at least I do not feel hamstrung. I want to be delicate, professional, and not hang another engineer out to dry.
I guess I am asking for opinions, ideas, experiences of who has been through this before...
Andrew Kester, P.E.
ADK Structural Engineering, PLLC
1510 E. Colonial Ave., Suite 301
Orlando, FL 32803
- Prev by Subject: RE: retrofit existing roof
- Next by Subject: RE: review of another SE's design...
- Previous by thread: Wind Load Utility
- Next by thread: Re: review of another SE's design...