Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 4:00 PM
Subject: RE: review of another SE's design...

It is difficult to advise based on the limited information.  But I will offer a few observations.

The report should focus on the technical aspects and avoid who should have done what.  That may be an issue later.  Write in the third person.

Try to be as dispassionate as possible.  If this is a failure or short coming of some sort, there are some guidelines published by CASE.  There are also some documents from ASTM: E 620, E 678, E 1658, E 1732 that may be helpful.

I would also recommend the book "Engineering Ethics - Concepts , Viewpoints, Cases and Codes", by the National Institute for Engineering Ethics at Texas Tech.

Regards,
Harold Sprague