Cantilever Column system

I am currently working on a project using a cantilever column system in SDC D.  I am determining which R-value to use and the requirements for the design of the base plate.  I was intending to use the special steel moment frame R=2.5, and designing the base connection using the overstrength factor.  I was wondering if there are any other requirements I should be aware of, if anyone can shed some light on the issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Matthew