RE: Cantilever Column system

I would not use the baseplate idea.  I would embed the column into a deep footing or grade beam.  I feel that in order to properly design a baseplate to take a cantilevered column system, The baseplate needs to be designed for the strength of the column.  This can result in extremely large baseplates.

My 2 cents.

Marlou B. Rodriguez, S.E.

MBRodriguez Engineering, Inc.

2355 Oakland Road, Suite 14

San Jose, CA 95131

Tel: 408-432-4866 x200

Cell: 408-761-5013

email: mbrodrig(--nospam--at)mbrodriguez.com