Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Tremie Concrete[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Tremie Concrete
- From: "Bill Allen" <T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net>
- Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:30:54 -0700
I have a project which consists of small cast-in-drilled-hole piles. Some of them are 8 feet deep. Today, I found out that they encountered water at 3 feet. The soils engineer is O.K. with tremie concrete. I need to make some adjustments in the depth (increase) due to the buoyant forces. Heretofore, I had not specified anything special for the concrete mix and I don’t need a lot of strength. However, is there anything I should do with regards to the mix given the conditions of placement?
T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: Torsional Wind Load Cases
- Next by Subject: Re: Tremie Concrete
- Previous by thread: soil improvements
- Next by thread: Re: Tremie Concrete