Tremie Concrete

I have a project which consists of small cast-in-drilled-hole piles. Some of them are 8 feet deep. Today, I found out that they encountered water at 3 feet. The soils engineer is O.K. with tremie concrete. I need to make some adjustments in the depth (increase) due to the buoyant forces. Heretofore, I had not specified anything special for the concrete mix and I don’t need a lot of strength. However, is there anything I should do with regards to the mix given the conditions of placement?

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS

Consulting Structural Engineers