From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 2:02 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Tremie Concrete

Go to:
http://www.wbdg.org/ccb/browse_org.php?o=70

Scroll down to the UFGS 31 63 26.00 10 Drilled Foundation Caissons (Piers).  There are many very good practices listed.  Among them is the practice of depositing the concrete at least 3 feet below the surface of fresh concrete.  If the tremie is too deep below the surface of the concrete, the tremie can break.  If it is less than 3 feet, there is a risk of creating a void.

The concrete mix is not all that critical.

Regards,
Harold Sprague