From: Matthew [mailto:sandman21(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:07 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Cantilever Column system

I am currently working on a project using a cantilever column system in SDC
D.  I am determining which R-value to use and the requirements for the
design of the base plate.  I was intending to use the special steel moment
frame R=2.5, and designing the base connection using the overstrength
factor.  I was wondering if there are any other requirements I should be
aware of, if anyone can shed some light on the issue, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Matthew