RE: What is 2t plastic hinge gusset plate design?

Vish,

This provision is to allow for inelastic rotation at the joint in accordance with AISC-341 section 13.3b and is discussed further in the commentary with the recommendation of a 2T to 3T distance

I also found the following two publications very helpful:

http://www.steeltips.org/steeltips/tip_details.php?id=96

http://www.steeltips.org/steeltips/tip_details.php?id=73

Michelle Motchos, PE
Stevens & Wilkinson of South Carolina, Inc.

Columbia, SC